Good Reasons to Choose a Mobile Safari
- We camp in more remote and undisturbed areas, this gets you closer to nature with fewer distractions.
- You have continuity with the same guide and group through-out so there is no time wasted with repetition and getting to know a new guide every few days.
- Guests who book on a Mobile Safari are very interested in wildlife and making every moment count, they have a lot of shared interests.
- The simplicity of camplife.
- The friendships and camaraderie that we see developing all the time amongst our guests.
- We can be flexible timing our daily activities to best suit our guest’s requirements.
Our Scheduled Safaris
Every year Masson Safaris schedules a number of safaris, which coincide with the best time of year to visit each area. You can always book a place on one of these, or you can reserve the entire departure for an exclusive group. We like to keep group sizes small and will normally only take 8 guests for those departures. We will guarantee to run these Safaris with 2 guests, so there is no risk of last minute cancellations. Our prices include all accommodation, all meals, all transfers Maun to Maun or Maun to Kasane, Park and Camping Fees, all government taxes, and 12% Vat. Extras are things of a personal nature, bottled and canned drinks, alcoholic beverages, staff gratuities, and travel insurance.
We can tailor make an itinerary to suit you. We run safaris throughout the year and will give you expert advice as to what area is best at what time of year. For some groups a combination of Mobile Safari and Lodges works really well. This we can easily arrange, please contact us for a quote.
We do Safaris to the Kalahari Transfrontier Park, hiking Safaris at Tsodilo Hills – amongst the rock art, also Tiger and Bream Fishing on the Okavango River and extensions to Victoria Falls and Namibia. An approximate price per person, varies between US$250.00 and US$500.00 per day. The final price will depend on the length of the Safari, the group size and the exact Itinerary which you choose, as well as exchange-rate fluctuations.
Specialist Birding Safaris
Twitchers and amateur birders are both well catered for by Masson Safaris. We schedule a number of birding safaris each year in our summer, December to March, when the migrating birds are visiting. These safaris normally combine a stay in the Kalahari Desert with the Okavango Delta, giving visitors a chance to see diverse habitats and their bird species such as Anteating Chat, Black Koraan and Double Banded Courser in the Desert and Slaty Egret, Wattled Crane and Painted Snipe in the Delta. Again, you can either book a place on a scheduled departure or we can make up an itinerary to suit individual needs. Our guides pride
themselves on their love of birds and their abilities to find them.